Rafael Perez - Looking

Rafael Perez
Looking

June 19th - July 19th 2014

Ceramic Drawing

 ‘The driving force behind my work has always been surprise and curiosity. Bearing in mind that ceramics as an art form offers a labyrinth of possibilities with infinite variables, making your way in it, if you love searching, proves a good reason for living...’


‘...In recent years, my work has been focused on this desire to distance myself from the final object, on leaving the “authorship” as a matter somehow shared between the fire and myself. In line with this ambition, my current work is based on what I have called “expanding clays”.
I have developed various clays at a medium temperature (around 1150 degrees) that have the quality of expanding upon firing. By combining these with other inert clays (sometimes red Spanish clay but generally porcelain with a low melting point and a melting agent in their composition) I make my sculptures.’

Rafael Pérez
My way of seeing things
Looking, Contemporary Ceramics Centre

Ceramic Form



Ceramic Form

Comments

Popular Posts